Austin Brake Pad Replacement Keeps Your Family Safe
Getting your brakes pads replaced in Austin when you need to is important for the safety of your family. Brake pads are what put your moving vehicle to a halt when you need it to stop. When you push your brake pedal, friction is produced against the metal disc or drum by the brake pads. This results in the stoppage of the car. Brake pads are a fundamental component of the braking system of any vehicle. Therefore, it is essential to keep them in a high functioning condition to ensure you and your family’s safety while driving.
An important maintenance routine of your braking system involves the replacement of brake pads. As a basic rule of thumb, your brake pads need to be replaced after every 40,000 to 50,000 miles. However, the number varies based on a lot of factors, such as driving conditions and style.
It is important that you are proactive about this auto maintenance because it can bring down the performance of your vehicle otherwise. Moreover, you’ll have to spend a lot more on brake repairs if you’re not conscious of brake pad replacement. Let’s learn more about brake pad replacement in Austin.
Why do Brake Pads Need Replacement?
The friction caused by the brake pads to stop the vehicle from moving causes them to wear out slowly. This leads to a decrease in the ability to make a moving vehicle stop quickly, eventually making them ineffective. If you don’t replace your brake pads, they will stop working entirely after some time. Regardless of what material the brake pads are made of, the material deteriorates after each use.
However, the time it takes for a brake pad to wear out completely can vary based on the material and the conditions that the vehicle is driven in. For example, a person who drives on high traffic roads will find their brake pads wearing down much quicker than someone driving in a rural area or infrequently.
5 Signs Your Vehicle Need Brake Pad Replacement
The good thing about brake replacement is that even if you forget to get it done, your car will give you different signals to let you know when it’s time for it. It is not difficult to notice the different symptoms that indicate the wearing down of your brake pads. Take a look at the 5 signs indicating the need for brake pad replacement in Austin below:
- Squeaking or Squealing Sounds – The most obvious indicator of your vehicle needs a brake pad replacement is a noise of squeaking or squealing. If you notice such a sound coming from your brakes every time you use them, then it is time to get the pads replaced immediately.
This noise is an indicator of worn-down pads because they begin to grind against your rotors. If not taken care of timely, you can end up with a much bigger expense that requires you to repair the entire braking system. So, if you notice a squeaking sound while pressing your brakes, take your vehicle for a brake pad replacement in Austin.
- Vibration in Brakes – If you notice an unusual vibration while pressing on the brakes, then it is another sign that your brake pads need to be replaced. The vibration sound can also be an indicator of a deeper braking system problem, so don’t wait any longer to get your vehicle inspected by a professional to prevent any further damage.
- Loss of Performance – If you press on your brakes, but it takes them longer to stop the vehicle, it is another clear indication of a braking system issue. If your brakes have been performing poorly by taking longer than usual to stop, it means that either the pads are worn down or require fluid. In any case, you need to take your vehicle for a professional inspection to make sure that your braking system can perform at its best consistently.
- Light Turns On – Most modern vehicles come with brake warning lights that indicate that there may be an issue with your braking system. These vehicles often have an antilock braking system light and a brake system warning light. These lights also turn on when your parking brake is being used. However, if you notice the lights while you’re driving the car, then that could be an indicator of an issue in the brake pads.
If you notice the brake warning lights, make sure you take your vehicle for a brake system inspection. If the warning sign is coupled with a low brake performance or grinding sounds, then that is a definitive sign that you need a brake pad replacement in Austin.
- Thinning of Brake Pads – You can also inspect the wearing down of your brake pads visually. Simply locate the pads in your wheels and see if their thickness seems less than ¼ inch. If that is the case, then you need to replace them immediately.
Get A Fast, Professional Brake Pad Replacement In Austin Today
If you’re experiencing any signs of the brake pads wearing down, you need to visit an Austin brake pad replacement service provider immediately. At Covert Buick GMC we offer vehicle maintenance services that are quick, professional, and light on the pocket. We use the latest tools for diagnosis and the most genuine and high-quality products for servicing.
If you wish to keep your vehicle in top condition, then maintenance and servicing are important. A brake pad replacement in Austin is something that should not be overlooked. Be sure to check our service specials and schedule your Austin brake pad replacement today.